The Heritage Centre is located in Dunscore Church.
When visiting the centre you can:
- Discover more about Jane Haining, the church and the village
- See items relating to Jane Haining’s life including her “Heroes of the Holocaust” medal, a prize awarded to her at school, a copy of her will and much more
- Walk, drive or cycle the Jane Haining trail in the lovely lanes around the village taking in the stunning Cairn Valley scenery and visiting the farm where she was born and brought up, her school and church
- Delve into information, videos and surprising facts using the touch-screen computer
- Follow the Memory Trail round Dunscore seeing where the library started by Robert Burns was located, the oak tree from an acorn collected from Auschwitz and one of very few hearse houses in the country
- Take a guided walk around the church or, for the younger visitors, the Dunscore Church Detective Trail
This is all in the historic setting of Dunscore Church with a knowledgeable guide on hand to answer any questions that you may have and to offer you a Fairtrade tea, coffee or juice.